Introduced by the EPF Act, your Employee Provident Fund seeks to leave you with a significant financial corpus to rely on when you hit retirement. Throughout your professional career, both you and your employer make contributions to your EPF. If in times past you had to wait till the end of the year to know your balance and had trouble figuring out where your EPF value stood after a couple of job changes, now you needn’t worry as you can check your PF status online in less than 5 mins.
Further, if you make a PF claim you can check that status too in an instant. All this can be done from the convenience of your laptop or even your handheld device. Let’s look at 3 ways that you can use to check your EPF status online.
Preliminary step: Register your UAN number
EPF status via EPFO portal online
- Login to the EPFO portal athttps://passbook.epfindia.gov.in/MemberPassBook/Login.jsp or go to theUAN portal and click on “Member passbook available here”
- Next, fill in your UAN, password and enter the captcha code. Click “Login”
- You can now access your passbook, which will have monthly entries filled in
- In case you are checking the status of your PF claim then navigate to “Track Claim Status” by going first to the “Online Services” tab
EPF status through UMANG App
- Once you install the UMANG App from Google Play Store you will be asked to verify your account with an OTP and your Aadhar number.
- Enter the UMANG App and click on the EPF option.
- You will then be given options to view your passbook and EPF balance, make a claim to withdraw pension and track the status of the claim.
- Once you select the service of your choice, enter your UAN and fill in the OTP
- If you are checking balance status, then simply view and download your passbook.
- If you are tracking the status of a claim, then keep handy your claim reference number.
EPF status through M-Sewa App
- Download and install the M-Sewa app from Google Play Store. Next, verify your account with your PF account number and other KYC details.
- Once you open the app, click on “member”.
- You will then have two options -“balance” and “passbook”. Click any one of them.
- Next, you will need to enter your UAN and registered mobile/ Aadhar number to access your PF balance status.
- Once you have your EPF passbook, view and download if required.
EPF is just one way of building a large retirement fund. Another invaluable financial instrument to make use of to build a big corpus is a fixed deposit or to pool in your EPF balance into an FD on retirement to further create wealth. Whether you are a young investor or nearing retirement, two great qualities to look for in a fixed deposit are a high FD interest rate and a stable investment environment. You get the best of both worlds when you choose the Bajaj Finance Fixed Deposit. FD interest rates on offer here go as high as 9.10% for senior citizens and 8.75% for new customers. To top it all up, this impressive FD comes with ICRA’s MAAA rating and CRISIL’s FAAA rating.
It doesn’t take much to get started as you need only Rs.25,000 to start investing. Even such a small amount will grow to over Rs.3 lakhs when re-invested over 30 years. Bajaj Finance encourages you to build on small investments by offering you a 0.25% increase in FD interest rate when you renew your fixed deposit. Here, you also have the option of choosing between a cumulative and a non-cumulative term and estimating your ROI can be done easily through theBajaj Finance FD Interest Calculator. Lastly, from beginning your investment to checking your FD status and balance you can do it all online. Get onboard with this simple online application form.