According to data collected by the World Travel and Tourism Council, tourism accounted for nearly 9.2% of India’s total GDP. Additionally, the sector is also predicted to grow at the rate of 6.9% by 2028, making it one of the most steadily expanding sectors in the country’s economy. It is evident from this data that when it comes to travelling, Indians have a long-standing affection for it. However, it is also undeniable that travelling can bring with it a fair share of troubles.
Bad weather conditions, medical emergencies, thefts, etc. are few of the unforeseen troubles that can ensure during ones travels. So, to be appropriately financially protected against these situations, it is crucial to have a travel insurance policy in place.
Now, in 2022, there are various financial institutions that provide comprehensive coverage against liabilities that can arise during one’s travels. However, to choose the best one among them it is crucial to have a clear idea of what to look for.
Factors to check to avail of the best travel insurance policy
When it comes to travel insurance, the benefits it offers varies from one insurance provider to the other. So, to ensure that you choose the best policy, it is crucial for you to check the list of features provided below:
1. Benefits offered under it
- Medical emergency and hospitalisation cover.
- Reimbursement for situations like trip cancellations or rescheduling.
- Coverage for reissuance of documents like your passport in case of theft or loss.
- Emergency hotel and travel assistance in case you are stranded without means to cover expenses for the same.
- One call card blocking services that can help you to block all your credit or debit cards, if you misplace or lose your wallet.
- Financial compensation in case of bodily injury or loss of property to a third party on your account.
- Coverage for any losses incurred as a result of any terrorist activity.
2. Type of insurance policies you can avail
When you purchase travel insurance online, check the types of policies offered by the financial institution to avail the one best suited for your requirements.
For example, if you are going for a road trip, you will need an insurance policy that can protect you against the liabilities that can arise in due course of the trip, like your car breaking down in the middle of nowhere.
For such trip, it is best to avail a road trip cover that can help you to provide compensation against these unforeseen situations.
3. Coverage limit
One of the most crucial points to check to avail a comprehensive travel insurance plan is to ensure that it comes with a high coverage amount.
For example, with a Domestic Travel Insurance plan from Bajaj Finserv, you can avail a high coverage amount of up to Rs. 50,000 for financial assistance in India and up to Rs. 1 Lakh during your international travels. This can allow you to reduce your liabilities during travelling to quite an extent.
Apart from the above three points, you should also check for factors like easy claim process, minimal documentation and affordability to choose the best travel insurance policy in India. A a policy with the above features in place can make sure that you are protected from any unforeseen situation that can arise during your travels, both in India and abroad.